Friday 8 July 2011

Genetic test results are in

It has been almost 3 weeks since I delivered my sample for genetic
testing, but my BRAF test results have finally come back. Evidently
there are 4 markers that they were looking for, and I am strongly
positive for one of them (the 600K). This is good news, as I am told
there are good treatment options for this, some of which appear to be
available in NZ. I will be seeing the Head of the NZ Melanoma Unit next week and will have more information then on the next steps.

2 Comments:

At 11 July 2011 at 15:22 , Blogger Vessie said...

It is great to hear the good news!
Vessie

 
At 13 July 2011 at 03:58 , Blogger theBeyderClan said...

good news Andrew. interestingly, braf mutations are significantly more frequent in patients with a truncal primary, an earlier age of onset, and lack of chronic skin damage. i think outside of finding the primary on the trunk, you fit the other categories. V600K is common and it seems that braf inhibitors appear to be very good! thanks for keeping us posted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home