Monday 29 August 2011

Doing More, Resting Better

On Friday, Patti and I went out in the morning to a couple of shops, mostly just browsing but also some food shopping. When we got home after about an hour, I set to work on clearing a storm water drain that had become clogged with silt. This took over half an hour, and whilst I could not do everything (eg getting the cast iron grill off) I managed to clean out all the sludge. I was of course helped by Zeke and Patti. I felt good doing this, although towards the end my muscles were shaking a bit. I was weary that afternoon and evening, but in a good way.

On Saturday I had another outing where I met up with a couple of friends to help reconstruct/reassemble a miniature stone temple that had been sent over from Nepal (a long unusual story behind this that I won't go into - the point being that I was out engaging in such an activity). I only stayed about an hour, and did not even attempt to lift the heavy stone pieces, but it was good to be there and be involved.

Sunday was even a bigger day. I walked up to an art exhibition which is held annually at my sons's school. I managed to look around all the artwork before walking home. I rested for a short time in the afternoon then was up for the rest of the day. After an extra special visitor, I walked with my family down to the restaurant that made the pineapple fried rice, which was the subject of an earlier post. We enjoyed a relatively quick dinner together (in and out in an hour) then I walked home. That evening some of my muscles were tired, but I did not feel as worn out as I had been on previous occasions, despite this being probably my biggest day yet. My energy levels are definitely on the increase and my weight has stabilsed.

2 Comments:

At 30 August 2011 at 07:57 , Blogger marco said...

So glad to hear you're going forward every day. A great testimony to your character which no doubt is crucial in your healing and recovery. Keep it up!

God bless

 
At 5 September 2011 at 08:36 , Blogger Kodjo said...

Hey there Andy. Thinking of you over here in Baltimore. Eric (Ralph)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home