Wednesday 10 August 2011

Pineapple Fried Rice

The title of this blog entry may seem strange but it should become clear by the end.
After I posted my last update I explained the "newspaper test" to my son Zeke. I had got to the point of saying that the test was to see if the patients were sitting up reading a newspaper. His very quick witty response was to say "I wonder if it matters if the newspaper is upside down or not". I found that to be particularly funny.
In the last few days I have found myself thinking a lot about food. Patti has been fantastic cooking special meals for me at least twice a day but I wanted to give her a break and I had a particular craving for fried rice. So yesterday Patti went out to a little Malaysian cafe nearby and bought some Pineapple Fried Rice which we shared. It was a simple meal but never before has fried rice tasted so good. The taste remained with me all day and so I got it for lunch again today. Next on my food list is to try some freshly cooked Chicken Pad Thai which may happen Friday. I am surprised how much I am thinking about food now, and although I still suffer from nausea (more in the evenings than the morning) the meds seem to have this under control.
Yesterday I woke up and, for a very short time, felt like nothing was wrong with me at all, except I was slower and weaker. Today was similar. Today is not yet over so I can't say how I will feel by the end yet, but yesterday was my best day for a long time (on a normal scale of 1 to 10 I don't yet rate a 0, but from where I was it is huge).
I test myself just a little more each day and although progress is slow, there is progress. Still lying on my bed a lot of the day but in a very comfortable and relaxed state. My son has another weightlifting competition this weekend and I would love to get to see him compete, so that will be an aim for Saturday. It will be a big step up for me as I have not been out in a while but hopefully I can make it.

1 Comments:

At 12 August 2011 at 13:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slow progress in the right direction - Fantastic news! I love the story about the about the newspaper being upside down! Lots of Love & God Bless. Lynda :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home