Monday 15 August 2011

Two Weeks On

It has been two weeks since I began my treatment and life is definitely on the improve, albeit very slowly. Compared to where I was before all this happened, I would liken myself to a toddler - just beginning to walk around, but still in need of rest and sleep and someone to get me food.
I have been off my bed for most of the day Saturday, and Sunday was even better. I went for 2 short walks (very short- probably less than 400m) over the weekend, neither of which taxed me at all. I also drove myself to get my blood test today. I am experimenting with my own body to see what I can and can't do and eat, but I am a cautious experimenter. I am also craving foods more and more - my current craving is spaghetti and meatballs. Patti cooked some last night and I can't wait for some more. I have even started looking through cookbooks to see what appeals, but I am not yet prepared to experiment with baking or anything with much fat in it (and spicy foods are not even on the radar).
I actually had a wonderful weekend. We had very few visitors and it was very tranquil and peaceful. As much as I have enjoyed seeing people, this change was very nice. I will probably aim to have a few largely visitor-free days over the next little while which will allow me time to begin to reengage with family life and hopefully experience a few small outings with Patti. High on my list is going to the supermarket, strange as that may sound.
Zeke did not compete in his weightlifting this weekend due to some mixup with registration but I would have been able to make it if he had been there.

1 Comments:

At 16 August 2011 at 13:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Andrew,
We are so very proud of the boy you were, the man you have become and all you have achieved. The caring and loving husband, father and son; someone who is always there in time of need. And now as you face one of life's biggest challenges with dignity and fortitude we can only, once again, be amazed at your stong will and determination to overcome and succeed. Our love and prayers are with you always. M & D xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home