Monday 19 September 2011

The Tough Times Continue

I am taking things very much day by day. Things are still a bit tough with almost daily fevers although they don't always come on In the mornings now, but often in the evenings. I am also still very much underpowered as my body is putting so much energy into dealing with the dying tumors. I am getting much better at sleeping during the day, particularly in the mornings when I regularly get 1.5 hours sleep after breakfast. I am largely pain free and only suffer from some discomfort, which is more pronounced as I get tired. My main symptom at the moment is thus fatigue (and fevers) but I have repeatably been told this it to be expected.
I have managed to get up and watch a few world cup games, but cannot stay up to the end of a late game as I am simply too tired by then.
My appetite still remains and I continue to eat well. The evening meal can be a bit harder for me to deal with, largely due to fatigue, but breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks all go down easily. My weight has yet to go up, but at least it appears to have stopped going down.
My wife has started back at her job, all be it very much part time (just 2 hours each morning, and I sleep a lot of the time she is away). It is important for her to keep her hand in, and it has made Xanthe much happier to have her mum back working at her school again. I make no predictions as to now long this current phase will last and, as I said at the start, I just take things one day at a time. There is a lot of damage that needs repairing, so I just have to be patient.

4 Comments:

At 19 September 2011 at 15:30 , Anonymous Yusef said...

Hi Andrew I hope you get well soon so you can come back. It is kind of empty when I go to the office. From Yusef.

 
At 19 September 2011 at 19:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is lovely to have Patti back at school ;-)

We're thinking of you and sending love over the fence!

Muthu Whanau

 
At 20 September 2011 at 04:55 , Blogger theBeyderClan said...

time to catch up on the sleep you're likely deserving over the years of hard work!

 
At 21 September 2011 at 21:09 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep resting and relaxing thats the best way to get on top of things. I know you are bored, try and focus on all the good blessings that have been and will be coming. I am sending you wishes and thoughts of peaceful sleeps, endurance with the fevers and the never-ending vision of full health and recovery!!

I hope you like your kina maka bow-lee (aka known as a hair-cut) lol
With much love, aroha tino nui
xx oo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home