Thursday 24 November 2011

Subway Sandwich

I have managed a few more walks over the last week and even an outing to some local shops where I sat down and enjoyed a subway sandwich for lunch. This was my first such outing for quite a while - certainly since my hospital stint. Although it felt like a big effort before going out, it wasn't too bad and I enjoyed it a lot. I am planning a couple of similar trips with Patti in the coming days (we go when we think things will not be busy).
My family have adjusted well to all the various changes over the last several weeks and are now well used to having me spend so much time lying down. Evening meals continue to remain a challenge for me as that is when I am at my most tired/uncomfortable -I never quite know how dinner will go. Nevertheless we as a family are coping.
Thanks again to all those that have contributed to the trust.

4 Comments:

At 24 November 2011 at 18:42 , Anonymous Jim Greenslade said...

Delighted to hear that you have been able to enjoy some walks, and especially the lunch. I know it must be hard to be patient with yourself, Andrew, but you are doing so well by the sound of things.
Everything at the department is spirally down (or maybe up) towards Christmas. I start lecturing again at 9am on January 4th so am jealously guarding some time to get away before then.
Love to you, Patti and family.
Jim and Jane

 
At 25 November 2011 at 21:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep at it my old lab partner. I continue to admire from afar yours and Patti's resiliance and obvious love for each other. Our family's prayers are with you all. Neal & family

 
At 30 November 2011 at 07:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and praying for you Patti and the kids. Kia kaha - Walter, Imela, Ayla and David

 
At 1 December 2011 at 11:18 , Blogger Margot Gerritsen said...

So good to read this, Andrew. Keep it up, blondie! Margot

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home