Thursday 19 January 2012

Officially Stable

The blood test results of my most recent blood test indicate that I am stable. This has been the case for a while now. My liver swelling has also come down a bit in the last three weeks. My energy levels have also improved and I have managed to take some of my longest walks in months. The difficulty with my neighbourhood is that, apart from the continued footpath upgrades, once you go too far from my house nothing is flat. So I need to pick a "hill" on my wait out for a walk or leave the "hill" to the end.
My nausea levels have unfortunately been increasing as has the pain in my back muscles from lying too long on them. I have been given some new anti-nausea medication and I can now lay a bit more on my side now that my liver has come down a bit, so it is all a bit of a balancing act.
I got caught in the rain on one of my longer walks (forecast was fine for the entire day and no real sign of rain when I started, but weather changes fast in Auckland - I was only out 15 minutes or so) and got cold before I got home. That night I had a bad fever, something I have not had for a number of months. Thankfully it appears like it was a one-off as I did not have a fever last night. However, i am still recovering from that rather sleepless night.

I have recently had a chat with one of the people administering the trust. I am overwhelmed by the amount that has been raised and I want all those that have donated and/or continue to donate to the Trust to know that my family and I are truly grateful to you all. Without the support of the Trust I am not exactly sure how we would be coping, so thank you all.

4 Comments:

At 20 January 2012 at 14:55 , Blogger John Wikswo said...

Andrew - It's good to hear that you are feeling stronger, are walking outside and the blood work is stable! Your friends at Vanderbilt are thinking of you! Keep on with the good, hard work!

Best wishes,

John

 
At 20 January 2012 at 19:20 , Anonymous John Windsor said...

Hi Andrew,
With Rosalind's encouragement I wanted to assure you of my ongoing thoughts, prayers and support. I have been delighted to hear of the effect of the brag inhibitor in stabilizing the disease. Reading of you getting out and walking is fantastic, knowing how important physical activity is to you. No surprises to hear about the fickle Auckland weather, but let's hope the forecasting doesn't mean you get caught out in a downpour again!.
All strength to you my friend,
John

 
At 20 January 2012 at 20:36 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew - good to see that you are stable and feeling stronger. All our very best wishes. Walter, Imela, Ayla and David Fraser

 
At 22 January 2012 at 20:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew, just wanted to say that you are all in our thoughts and prayers... often. I am blown away by your sheer grit and determination and am pleased to hear things are stable. Best Wishes. The Bateman Family

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home